A Few Tips Regarding SEO Domain Namesa good domain name for your business website. It can be very hard but it is essential to get it right, since you want it to work for you and bring people to your site. After all, your domain name represents your business whether for good or bad. Not only that, it can also help to drive traffic to your website.
What you need to do is come up with a domain name that describes your product or service. It needs to be broad enough to cover your product or service, yet not be so restrictive that it doesn’t allow growth or expansion of your business. It also needs to be simple enough for people to remember and should contain your most important keywords/phrases.
This doesn’t, however, mean a complete phrase is a good domain name. In fact, with the latest Google algorithm update, it is not a good policy to have an “Exact Match Domain” because you are very likely to get penalized by Google. That’s not good because Google has the major share of free traffic and unless you depend on paid advertising to bring you traffic, you will almost certainly need the free traffic Google can bring you.
From an Internet marketing viewpoint you should also consider company and product branding that may be brought into the equation. From strictly an SEO (Search Engine Optimization) perspective it may be better to have an established or older domain name, one that has been registered before and known by the search engines. Such names tend to be rated more highly by Google than brand new names, especially if they have external links going to the domain.
A Few Business Domain Name Tips
- Identify your target market. Are your customers local, countrywide or Worldwide?
- Use this as the domain extension (.com, .co.uk, .com.au etc.) depending on the country you are in. In the United States only consider .com.
- The domain name should be relevant to your product or service.
- It should contain highly searched terms that are short in length.
- Older, previously registered domain names may help in rankings.
- If in question over which of several names to choose from, then go for names using relevant and highly searched terms first.
- Alternately you can consider a short memorable domain name that you can brand to represent your business. In that case search terms may or may not be relevant.
So when considering what the domain name should be for your upcoming business, do look over this list and use it for a guide. If you already have a business name and it is not producing the traffic or results you hoped for, you can get another domain name to help remedy that situation by using the above tips in choosing